- Have the ground completely prepared before you order your sod
- If you are not going to lay the sod within eight hours, cover it with moist burlap or stack it in the shade
- Lay the first line of sod along a straight line such as a driveway, sidewalk or string stretch between two stakes.
- Lay sod in a brick-work fashion
- Stake sod on extreme slopes
- Roll over sod with a roller to press roots to the soil
- Saturate the area with water immediately! One gallon of water in the first hour does more than several gallons later.